The Scout section is for young people in the age range 10½ to 14 years. Scouts take part in a wide range of activities. Scouts spend a lot of time outdoors camping and experiencing a wide range of adventurous activities, anything from abseiling to zorbing.
To become a Scout a young person must attend a Troop regularly and make the Scout Promise.
The Scout Promise.On my honour, I promise that I will do my bestTo do my duty to God and to the QueenTo help other peopleAnd to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted
- A Scout is loyal
- A Scout id friendly and considerate
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts
- A Scouthas courage in all difficulties
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others